Physiotherapy post lockdown
We are open for emergency cases, home visits and virtual consultations
Public Health England, Chartered Society of Physiotherapist, the HCPC and the UK Government have produced guidelines for physiotherapists to return to work following the Lockdown. These are to ensure we minimise exposure and stop the spread of infection.
This all means we are currently not seeing patients in quite the same way as we were before lockdown;
- Initially we will assess you on the phone, or have a Virtual assessment via a video call using Face time WhatsApp Zoom or Skype. From the assessment we will decide which treatment is most relevant to you. If we book you in for a face to face treatment in the clinic, please read our new Patient Procedure (below) to prepare you for your visit.
- The Physiotherapist will be wearing PPE (gloves, apron, mask and Visor) when we see you face to face, so please do not be alarmed. You will be asked to wear a mask too. We will also take your temperature on your arrival
Patient Procedure for visiting Emsworth Physio Clinic from June 2020
These are the guidelines and requirements for patients during the coronavirus global pandemic;
They have been implemented to keep you and the physiotherapist safe to prevent cross contaimination/ infection between patients.
If you or anyone you live with, feel unwell or are displaying symptoms of COVID 19, a fever, dry cough, loss of taste and smell or a stomach upset, please advise us as soon as possible.
The whole clinic is being cleaned more frequently, and 15 minute gaps between patients have been allocated to allow for the Physio to clean all surfaces, couch, door handles and chairs with high concentration anti viral wipes.
- Please bring your own mask to wear during your treatment, this is for your safety as well as your therapists.
- The toilet will not be in use at this time, except for emergencies, and please bring your own water to drink.
- Please shower and dress in clean clothes before your appointment, wash your hands thoroughly before leaving your home.
- Come straight to the clinic – don’t stop off anywhere on the way, come by car, or walk or cycle – don’t use public transport.
- When you arrive, come in alone, please ring me from your car to ensure the last patient has left – so we can insure social distancing measures are met.
- Please put on your mask, if you do not have one, we will bring you one to the door. Come to the door and the physio will open it.
- Once inside both patient and physio will use hand sanitizer before going straight through to the clinic.
- Your physiotherapist will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment) This includes gloves, apron, a mask and a visor for working close to you. It is strange not to see their face, but do not be alarmed – it is for everyones safety. Clean Couch Roll will be on the bed and the pillow is covered in plastic, so wipes clean between patients. All rubbish is disposed of following professional guidelines.
- After your treatment you can pay by card (contactless) or by BACS payment – cheque or cash not really wanted at this time.
- You and your physiotherapist will decide if a follow up appointment is required.
- As you leave please use the hand sanitizer again.
Thank you for your patience at this time – these procedures have been put in place to keep us all as safe as possible, and have been advised by the CSP – our governing body.
By attending your appointment, you are agreeing to adhere to the above procedures and guidelines.