Our Physio Team
Karen Laurie MCSP Dip Phys established Emsworth Physio Clinic in 2003. She is a Chartered Physiotherapists www.csp.org.uk, a member of the Health & Care Professions Council www.hpc-uk.org and also a member of Physio First. Karen has 30 years of experience in treating a wide range of conditions and works full time.
We also have part time HPC registered and Chartered Physiotherapists working in the clinic and on Home Visits
Susan Rutter BSc MCSP Dip Phys HCP, specialises in pre and post-operative rehabilitation and treatment. Susan has a close working relationship with local orthopaedic consultants.
Hands on Treatment
MCSP Dip Phys HPC
- Trained at King’s College Hospital, London, 1982 – 1985
- Worked in London hospitals for two years, The Royal Marsden, Mayday Hospital, Croydon
- Marks & Spencer’s Head Office physio clinic
- Worked in South Africa for two years in black hospitals as well as Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town
- St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
- Portsmouth hospitals Senior 1 Orthopaedic/Outpatients/Hydrotherapy
- Worked for 8 years in a private practice in Portsmouth in musculoskeletal work, sports injuries and hydrotherapy
- Worked with the Army for three years specialising in sports injuries, rehabilitation & manipulation
BSc MCSP Dip Phys HCP
Since being back in the UK she has been working at BUPA, now Spire Portsmouth Hospital, where she has developed her interest in pre- and post- operative rehabilitation and treatment, and has a close working relationship with the orthopaedic consultants. She combines this with her work at Emsworth Physio Clinic which also includes home visits and re-enablement residential care home consultancy.