MCSP Dip Phys HPC
- Trained at King’s College Hospital, London, 1982 – 1985
- Worked in London hospitals for two years, The Royal Marsden, Mayday Hospital, Croydon
- Marks & Spencer’s Head Office physio clinic
- Worked in South Africa for two years in black hospitals as well as Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town
- St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
- Portsmouth hospitals Senior 1 Orthopaedic/Outpatients/Hydrotherapy
- Worked for 8 years in a private practice in Portsmouth in musculoskeletal work, sports injuries and hydrotherapy
- Worked with the Army for three years specialising in sports injuries, rehabilitation & manipulation
BSc MCSP Dip Phys HCP
Since being back in the UK she has been working at BUPA, now Spire Portsmouth Hospital, where she has developed her interest in pre- and post- operative rehabilitation and treatment, and has a close working relationship with the orthopaedic consultants. She combines this with her work at Emsworth Physio Clinic which also includes home visits and re-enablement residential care home consultancy.
BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy
Sarah graduated from the University of Hertfordshire in 2008 with a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy. Her junior rotations were completed in Ipswich, she then moved to Hampshire, after meeting her husband Robbie, where she specialised in Musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy.
Sarah worked for Southern Health NHS Trust, where she became a senior MSK outpatient physiotherapist, treating a wide range of conditions. During this time, Sarah also ran back rehabilitation classes and treated patients with acute and on-going pain. She did an apprenticeship in pain management to help treat those with more complicated pain issues.
Sarah has also trained in APPI Matwork Pilates, Standing Pilates (great for those wanting to work on balance or with bone density diagnoses) and ante/postnatal Pilates, which has enabled her to teach classes and 1:1 and enhanced her physio rehabilitation skills. She has also qualified in acupuncture with AACP to provide further treatment options for her clients.
Sarah has worked in local private practise and at Spire Portsmouth, seeing a wide variety of orthopaedic and MSK injuries. She receives referrals from Consultants, particularly those with spinal pain and liaises where required with other healthcare professionals to ensure people receive the tailored care they need.
Sarah believes the key to really helping people is listening, and working together towards achieving client centred goals.