MCSP Dip Phys HPC
Emsworth Physiotherapy Clinic was established by the owner Karen Laurie in 2003 following a wide and varied career in Physiotherapy:-
- Trained at King’s College Hospital, London, 1982 – 1985
- Worked in London hospitals for two years, The Royal Marsden, Mayday Hospital, Croydon
- Marks & Spencer’s Head Office physio clinic
- Worked in South Africa for two years in black hospitals as well as Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town
- St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester
- Portsmouth hospitals Senior 1 Orthopaedic/Outpatients/Hydrotherapy
- Worked for 8 years in a private practice in Portsmouth in musculoskeletal work, sports injuries and hydrotherapy
- Worked with the Army for three years specialising in sports injuries, rehabilitation & manipulation
BSc MCSP Dip Phys HCP
Sue trained at Cambridge School of physiotherapy qualifying in 1991. She worked in Charing Cross Hospital London, before spending 10 years in New Zealand doing mainly musculoskeletal work and sports injuries including the All Blacks!
Since being back in the UK she has been working at BUPA, now Spire Portsmouth Hospital, where she has developed her interest in pre- and post- operative rehabilitation and treatment, and has a close working relationship with the orthopaedic consultants. She combines this with her work at Emsworth Physio Clinic which also includes home visits and re-enablement residential care home consultancy.
My consultant told me, if Karen had not sent me to him when she did, I would have ended up paralysed in a wheelchair.